12 octubre, 2013

MADONNA - NEWS

PATRICK LEONARD HABLA SOBRE MADONNA. / 
PATRICK LEONARD TALKS ABOUT MADONNA.

El compositor Patrick Leonard trabajó con Madonna en muchos de sus grandes éxitos durante la década de los 80s y 90s, escribiendo canciones de álbums tales como True Blue, Who's That Girl, Like A Prayer, I'm Breathless y Ray Of Light y siendo el director musical de dos de las giras de Madonna: Like A Virgin Tour en 1985 y Who's That Girl World Tour en 1987.
El portal de internet Showbizz411, chateó con el compositor acerca de aquellas épocas:

“Madonna escribía las letras conmigo, y ayudaba a crear las melodías.
Ella me puso en el mapa, estoy agradecido.
Yo soy una de esas personas que están detrás de la cortina.
Si ella [Madonna] no habría cantado esas canciones, nadie las habría oído.
Ella hizo posible para mí hacer lo que estoy haciendo ahora.
Yo estaba escribiendo música, y se la iba dando a Madonna. Ella proporcionaba letras y ofrecía los cambios en la música. Ella las refinaba.
Le das una pista a ella, ella canta la melodía. Es muy muy talentosa.
Uno no existe sin el otro. Ella siempre estaba completamente involucrada.
La echo de menos, en realidad.
Ella escribe mucho con deejays ahora.
No me importa si ella entra en el 'Songwriters Hall of Fame' sin mí. Yo no creo en los premios. Están todos en un armario en alguna parte.
Yo sólo creo en seguir adelante.”



Songwriter Patrick Leonard worked with Madonna during the 80s and 90s on many different songs for her albums True Blue, Who's That Girl, Like A Prayer, I'm Breathless and Ray Of Light and he also was the musical director on her tours Like A Virgin Tour in 1985 and Who's That Girl World Tour in 1987.
The website Showbiz411, chatted with Leonard about those times:

“Madonna wrote the lyrics with me, and helped create the melodies.
She put me on the map, I’m grateful.
I’m one of those people behind the curtain.
If she [Madonna] hadn’t sung those songs, no one would have heard them.
She’s made it possible for me to do what I’m doing now.
I was writing music, and I was bringing it to Madonna. She would help supply lyrics and offer changes in the music. She’d refine it.
You give her a track, she sings the melody. She’s very very talented.
One doesn’t exist without the other. She always showed up and she was always completely involved.
I miss her, actually.
She writes a lot with deejays now.
I don’t care if she goes into the 'Songwriters Hall of Fame' without me. I don’t believe in awards. They’re all in a closet somewhere.
I just believe in moving forward.”


 

No hay comentarios: